Today's the big day for mom... she's (finally!!) getting Lasik!!! So, to let her test out her (hopefully) new and improved eyesight, here are a few pictures! Can't wait to hear how it went mom.
If you go up onto one of the mountains surrounding Cuenca, you get an amazing view of the whole thing!

The buildings are so extremely opulent... sometimes it feels like I'm in France...

And the mountain views. Oh my goodness.

Cuenca was built on top of the Incan city of Tomebamba, so there are a few places around the city where you can still see Incan ruins (irrigation canal in the foreground, and stratified agriculture fields on the right)

OMGoodness Kelz!! These fotos are phenomenal. Keep 'em coming. The light in the clouds around those mountains is just spectacular. And it looks like its a right nice temperature too unlike our 98 degrees here today. I can't get over that church picture. It really does look like something in France or Belgium. Im sure you are enjoying the food too? Are you eating out at some of the local fares? Just be careful. Post more pics of the mountains and s shot of your local eatery and plateful, K? Love you cutes!
ReplyDeleteYou are quite the photographer...even with a gimpy camera Kel!! AND I am seeing this with my OLD eyes still!! Surgery was a no go because the laser developed a problem in the pre-op testing. First time in 11 years they tell me... Wouldn't you know. I'm rescheduled for Sat...so now you just have to send more pics! What a beautiful place you are in...I wouldn't have imagined the architecture being so intricate. Wow... Looks like the land above the clouds. We may never get you back here. You keep saying you are gaining weight...can't tell it from the first shot at all. I imagine you stay busy enough that it works off pretty quick! Thanks for thinking of me today....just hold those thoughts til Saturday. Love you lots!
ReplyDelete