Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First stop - Yachana Lodge in the Amazon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AK06Np7xhk0
Here's where we'll be staying the first 5 days... we won't have access to phones or internet here so while you wait, this is an idea of what we're doing! From what I've seen on the itinerary, our stay here will include all the activities in the video, plus a visit to a butterfly house, a couple of howler monkey and birdwatching tours, piranha fishing, and get-togethers with the Yachana indigenous high school students. I'm making a pretty huge understatement when I say I'm clumsy, so this piranha fishing and blowdart lessons thing.... hmmm. The indigenous better be ready for me. I can't wait to try some of those grub worms in the video, and who knows what else... foreign food is fascinating! I'm going to learn a ton on this leg of the trip, and I can't even convey how excited I am to get the chance to do this. I'm going to work on putting a link to my itinerary on this blog, so hopefully I can figure out how to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment