Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Hello from the jungle
Helloooo! Can you believe Im on the internet in the Amazon. Sorry, this keyboard is not really functioning well at all so things like question marks,apostrophes, etc are not working. Apparently they have wifi too, wowww, but its being too slow right now and wont let me do anything on my laptop. Maybe it will get better in the next couple of days, maybe even good enough to skype my family and show them some of the awesome plants visible from my room! I dont have much time left because we only have electricity at certain times. It will turn off at 10 tonight and I still need to get a shower... I have never sweated so much in my life!!!!!!!!!! IT IS SO HOT! Thankfully for us, since we dont have air conditioning, it cools off alot at night. We went on a hike today through the rainforest then swam in the Amazon River!!! Too cool!!! My room is next to the guys room, and just as my roommates and I were saying how we could call them over if we had a bug, we heard them all scream like little girls. We ran over to find two GIIIIANT cockroaches under one of their beds! As in as big as the palm of my hand! AAaAAH! I need to go now and let someone else have a turn on the computer... hopefully will be able to update you again before we get out of the lowlands! If not, we will have wifi for sure in Cuenca in 5 days. I love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kel!!!! So glad you were able to comment this early in your trip! I wasn't checking because I was sure you wouldn't be able to write... What a great way to start your trip being "wowed" with all the flora...but sorry for the bug fauna!! That story was hilarious!! We are all fine here, dealing with Amazonian heat too! Lou went to 6 Flags today and rode everything! We miss you so and can't wait to see some pictures. Glad you are there safe. Much love to you...and say "hello" to Caroline, Carmine, and Ashley for me too.
ReplyDeleteI would have died!!!! I got chill bumps thinking about a roach that big! Have fun! :)
ReplyDelete